As a blogger, I’m required by law to comply with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
As a human, I believe being transparent is the right thing to do. That’s why I’m creating this disclosure page to let you know that I do make money from this blog.
Every now and again I include products or services in my posts and pages that directly or indirectly provide monetary or other substantial benefits to me or my company.
If you’re reading this blog, then you should know:
- I get direct benefit from every post and page I put on this blog. Whether that is monetary or simple joy of helping others, I’m benefiting from it.
- If you see an external link with a prefix /go/, then it indicates that is an affiliate link. What that means is if you click on that link and purchase a product, then at no-additional cost to you, I will receive an affiliate commission.
- I do write about my own products and websites, so yes that means those projects get additional PR and exposure.
- I run my own consulting company, so it is possible that this blog may help me land new clients.
- I attend and speak at a lot of events. I usually get compensated for the speaking engagement.
- I make a lot of friends thanks to social media and business travel.
- I do get a lot of freebies that I test and review. Often vendors send me those freebies in exchange for a review. However that doesn’t mean that they get a positive review. If I don’t like the product, then I will slam them. That’s just the way I roll.
It’s important that I emphasize that the words on this blog are mine and are not influenced by any sort of compensation. I only recommend products or services I use personally and/or believe will add value to my readers.
If you have any question regarding the above, then please do not hesitate to contact me by using the contact page.